Combinatorics (Math 420), Spring 2019
Texts, Syllabus, and Grades
- 36 Officers: AMS Wikipedia
- Graeco-Latin Squares (Beezer)
- The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
- Poker Hands at Wikipedia, probabilities, with derivations.
- MIT Students beat Massachusetts Lottery
- Benjamin and Quinn, An Alternate Approach to Alternating Sums: a Method To Die For
- Galton Board Simulation (See Guichard Exercise 1.3.18)
- The Search for Simple Symmetric Venn Diagrams, by Frank Ruskey, Carla D. Savage, and Stan Wagon, Notices of the American Mathematical Society, December 2006
- New Roses: Simple Symmetric Venn Diagrams with 11 and 13 Curves, by K. Mamakani and F. Ruskey, Discrete and Computational Geometry, 52 (2014) 71-87.
- Catalan Numbers from the biography of Eugene Charles Catalan at the MacTutor History of Mathematics archive.
- The Middle Levels Problem.
- Aftermath, Peter Cameron, (is graph theory really the slums of topology?)
- Graph theory in Goodwill Hunting
- Algebraic Graph Theory (talk, Santa Clara University, 2009)
- Small Ramsey Numbers, a dynamic survey at the Electronic Journal of Combinatorics.
- SET articles [Fairbanks] [Gordon/Gordon/McMahon] [Melnick]
This is: http://buzzard.ups.edu/courses/2019spring/420s2019.html
Maintained by: Rob Beezer
Last updated: January 10, 2019