Abstract Algebra (Math 433), Fall 2011
Course Syllabus and Textbook
RSA and Cryptography
- RSA Calculator (use small messages to avoid overflow)
- RSA Security's Cryptographic Challenges
- Simon Singh's Cryptography Links
Reading Questions [PDF]
After reading each chapter, send me an email with your answers to
each of the five questions. Each answer will be graded as one point,
there will be no partial credit. For computational problems, just send
an answer, you do not need to justify your work. I will reply with a
list of the questions you got credit for. Observe the following to
ensure your answers are received properly and graded.
- Make your subject line exactly,
exactly as follows: Chapter X, where X is the chapter
covered. Do not send your answers to my beezer(at)ups(dot)edu
address, but do send them to the address announced in class.
- Put your full name as the first line of the body of your message.
- Answer the questions in order, beginning each with the problem
- Answers are due at midnight in the evening on the day before we
begin discussing each new chapter. They will not be accepted late.
This is: http://buzzard.ups.edu/courses/2011fall/m433f2011.html
Maintained by: Rob Beezer
Last updated: September 28, 2011